We recently had a client order a solar panel system and it came with a Raspberry Pi3. What’s a raspberry? No, it’s not the the yummy bundle of juicy delicious fruit that comes off a bush, it’s a small computer.
It helps to set up, control and monitor the solar system. It’s designed to be small, pre-programed and ready to plug and play.
It’s a little bigger than a standard size credit card, and packs a punch as far as computers go.
The Raspberry Pi 3 Model B is the earliest model of the third-generation Raspberry Pi. It replaced the Raspberry Pi 2 Model B in February 2016. See also the Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+, the latest product in the Raspberry Pi 3 range.
- Quad Core 1.2GHz Broadcom BCM2837 64bit CPU
- 1GB RAM
- BCM43438 wireless LAN and Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) on board
- 100 Base Ethernet
- 40-pin extended GPIO
- 4 USB 2 ports
- 4 Pole stereo output and composite video port
- Full size HDMI
- CSI camera port for connecting a Raspberry Pi camera
- DSI display port for connecting a Raspberry Pi touchscreen display
- Micro SD port for loading your operating system and storing data Upgraded switched Micro USB power source up to 2.5A